Hanwha SolarOne to lead JV with S.A.G. Solarstrom in Italian rooftop projects

Financials

  • SAG
    ETR
    0.360
    +0.030 (9.09%)
    12:14PM GMT+2
  • HSOL
    NASDAQ
    2.83
    -0.01 (-0.35%)
    3:59PM EDT

As revealed in Hanwha SolarOne’s recent quarterly financial conference call, the PV module manufacturer is moving downstream to become a project developer and financier. As part of those business changes the company has formed a joint venture with project developer S.A.G. Solarstrom to initially build-out 20MWp of rooftop projects - mainly in Northern Italy - that are expected to be completed by the end of June 2012.

The roof-top systems were said to be installed on behalf of a joint venture company, in which the Hanwha Group, parent company of Hanwha SolarOne would hold an 85% share, while S.A.G. Solarstrom would have the remaining 15% holding.

The deal also included Hanwha Europe, Hanwha SolarOne and Hanwha SolarEnergy Corp.

S.A.G. Solarstrom said that Hanwha SolarOne’s PV modules would be used in the rooftop projects with the possibility of the JV installing a further 20MWp of rooftop projects that could be developed. No timelines were given for the other projects. 

Newsletter

Preview Latest
Subscribe
We won't share your details - promise!

Publications

  • Photovoltaics International 23rd Edition

    This issue of Photovoltaics International, our 23rd, offers key insights into some of the technologies that are ready to move from lab to fab in support of these goals. ISC Konstanz offer a glimpse of what the low-cost, high-efficiency solar cells of the future might look like. On page 35 the institute’s authors give an overview of what they call Konstanz’ “technology zoo”, encompassing their so-called BiSoN, PELICAN and ZEBRA cell concepts, all of which are aimed at increasing energy yield at the lowest possible cost.

  • Manufacturing The Solar Future: The 2013 Production Annual

    In the ever-changing global solar markets, cost reduction and measures to increase cell efficiencies are the key tools available to PV manufacturers to create new opportunities and drive your business to the next level. Manufacturing the Solar Future 2013 is the third in the Photovoltaics International PV Production Annual series, delivering the next instalment of in-depth technical manufacturing information on PV production processes designed to help you gain the competitive edge.

Partners

Acknowledgements

Solar Media