- Industry Roundup
- Fab & Facilities
- Cell Processing
- Thin Film
- PV Modules
- Power Generation
According electricity grid operator Terna, 2.8% of 86.3% of Italy’s production of electricity for 2011 came from PV solar energy. The remaining 13.7% came from foreign imports. The net national production (289.2 billion kWh) dropped by 0.5% compared to 2010, geothermal production increased (+5.2%), as did wind power (+5.7%) and PV solar power grew by 394% compared to 2010.
Solarcentury is launching the new C21e solar electric plain roof tile, responding to demand for more products for roofs. The advantage of the C21e is that it can easily be integrated into traditional small format tile roofs. The company first launched the C21e roof tile in 2005, going on to win the Queen’s award. The tile is 47W and 54 tiles for a typical 2.5kWp system and this system is able to replace on average 200 tiles and thus, uses a lot less space on the roof.
Market diversification and strong revenue growth in equipment sold to the FPD market, supported record revenue at Manz in 2011, slightly ahead of previous guidance. Sales increased 33% to €240.5 million, compared to sales of €181.4 million in 2010. In its photovoltaic segment, Manz reported a 10.5% increase in sales, which reached to €72.6 million, compared to €65.7 million in 2010 and €46.9 million in 2009. The company posted a positive EBIT of €3.1 million, up from €0.6 million in the previous year.
Italian PV equipment supplier, 2BG, has helped to double Cappello’s – Italy-based solar manufacturer – output at its Ragusa, Italy, plant.
According to a report published by Reuters, Enel Green Power advised that it foresees new solar power generation capacity in Italy reaching only between 3,000 to 4,000MW in 2012. In 2011, the country installed 9,000MW of new solar power, making it one of the fastest growing solar markets in the world.
SPI Solar is to partner with local manufacturer ExelGroup in order to enter into the Greek market. ExelGroup has agreed to supply SPI Solar with its Exel G2 mounting structures for three installations in Thrace.
Monocrystalline and polycrystalline silicon solar modules manufacturer, Phono Solar, has passed TÜV Rheinland’s ammonia corrosion test. The IEC 62716 standard certification proves the modules’ quality and reliability on land near livestock.
The call for tender, organized by the French power regulatory authority, Commission de Régulation de l’Energie, has received bids from CPV manufacturer Heliotrop’s clients for more than 70MWp. To be constructed in France, the company states the installations will include over 20MW of its 1024-sun CPV units.
Germany-based solarhybrid is predicting a gloomy outlook due to the amendments to the EEG bill for proposed cuts to the country’s feed-in tariff. The company has announced that these cuts will jeopardize the completion of its projects in Neuhardenberg, Fürstenwalde and Allstadt
Schott Solar and Canopy advised that their 2.2MW Ucciani solar park had been completed. The solar park uses nearly 10,000 Schott PV modules from the company’s Perform Poly series and is connected to the national grid, providing around 2.86GWh of solar energy.