Alex Au, CTO of NEXTracker, used a panel discussion to make a passionate case for solar to find its rightful place on the grid. Image credit: Andy Colthorpe
Ok, my colleagues and family are bored of hearing how great Solar Power International / Energy Storage International was in Utah last week and indeed, of how welcoming Salt Lake City was to the 12,000+ renewable energy industry professionals and interested parties that attended. Below are the leading themes from the show in order of narrative, if not in order of importance:
1. The capacity factory - how and why tomorrow's solar-plus-storage can be an equal on the grid to today's fossil fuels
2. LFP vs NMC - reaction to safety fears provokes new turn in the discussion
3. Energy storage-as-infrastructure - creating an asset class for the 'workhorse' of the grid
4. #StorageITC - a market accelerator, not a market saviour
5. Is software actually the single most important 'component'?
6. Renewable, unstoppable: Why solar's journey to the core of the US energy system matters
7. Bifacial - The strengths and shortcomings of the emerging technology after its import tariff exemption
You can read the takeaways for each theme here, as originally published on Energy-Storage.news
The Energy Storage Latin America agenda provides the industry with an unrivaled opportunity to discuss how the region is set to unlock the full potential of energy storage, accelerate deployment and address the main regulatory and financing challenges. The Energy Storage Summit Latin America is the first event of its kind, designed with a clear goal to accelerate both dialogue and deployment of energy storage solutions. Hear from a world-class line up of industry speakers discussing: The changing market, Active and pending projects, Regulatory environment, Financing options and New storage technologies. This event is the only place where the entire energy storage value chain will be present. Enquire now and be part of an unparalleled platform enabling you to network and do business with: Government, Utilities, Developers, EPCs, Investors and more.
Now in its sixth successful year, Solar & Storage Finance USA is the only event which looks at raising capital for solar, storage and collocated solar and storage projects in the USA. The conference will help delegates understand how providers are evolving propositions for storage and how they can access capital for standalone solar or storage, and co-located projects. Meet debt providers, funders, utilities, corporate off takers and blue chip energy firms with capital to invest and developers with credible pipelines.