Alex Au, CTO of NEXTracker, used a panel discussion to make a passionate case for solar to find its rightful place on the grid. Image credit: Andy Colthorpe
Ok, my colleagues and family are bored of hearing how great Solar Power International / Energy Storage International was in Utah last week and indeed, of how welcoming Salt Lake City was to the 12,000+ renewable energy industry professionals and interested parties that attended. Below are the leading themes from the show in order of narrative, if not in order of importance:
1. The capacity factory - how and why tomorrow's solar-plus-storage can be an equal on the grid to today's fossil fuels
2. LFP vs NMC - reaction to safety fears provokes new turn in the discussion
3. Energy storage-as-infrastructure - creating an asset class for the 'workhorse' of the grid
4. #StorageITC - a market accelerator, not a market saviour
5. Is software actually the single most important 'component'?
6. Renewable, unstoppable: Why solar's journey to the core of the US energy system matters
7. Bifacial - The strengths and shortcomings of the emerging technology after its import tariff exemption
You can read the takeaways for each theme here, as originally published on Energy-Storage.news
Feb 23 - Mar 03, 2021
The Energy Storage Summit plays a pivotal role in the journey to propelling the industry into the next stage of its development, providing an unrivalled platform to develop the right partnerships and create business opportunities of all sizes. This eco-system event brings together the entire value chain including Utilities, Developers, EPCs, Investors, Manufacturers, Energy storage providers, local government and DNO’s making this the must–attend storage event for 2021. Not just virtual, but you will get 4 days of content over the course of 2 weeks.