With a recent spate of new solar cell records announced for PERC-based architectures pushing conversion efficiencies past 24%, it is a good time to reflect on the pioneering work at SolarWorld – the first to commercialise and ramp PERC to volume production. A special in-depth paper from former members of SolarWorld’s R&D and manufacturing team should be a compelling read and a leading reference paper in the future. Adding to the PERC-based theme is the paper from ISC Konstanz, providing further real world insight into achieving manufacturability of nPERT cells with conversion efficiencies approaching 23%.
Included Technical Papers
- Top-10 solar cell producers of 2018
- Top 10 module suppliers of 2018
- Digitalization meets PV production technology
- PV manufacturing capacity expansion announcements in 2018
- Reliability of electrically conductive adhesives
- Effects of texture additive in large-area diamond wire cut multicrystalline silicon solar cells
- Pioneering the industrialization of PERC technology
- Low-cost standard nPERT solar cells towards 23% efficiency and 700mV voltage
- Solving all bottlenecks for silicon heterojunction technology
- Beyond boron–oxygen deactivation: Industrially feasible LID-free p-type Czochralski silicon
- LED solar simulators and new test approaches for high-efficiency solar cells
- Efficiency and cost effectiveness of large-area perovskite-based tandem solar cells
- Taking the temperature of bifacial modules: Are they warmer or cooler than monofacial modules?
- Half-cell solar modules: The new standard in PV production?