The Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) has announced the first of its 2009 Workshop Series, “Solar Options for Low Cost Utilities,” to be held on April 13-14 at the Hilton Knoxville in Tennessee. This workshop will focus on utilities in low-cost electricity states in the Midwest and Southeast, while being open to all utilities, State Public Utility Commissions, State Energy Offices, and solar companies. TVA, along with the City of Knoxville, will sponsor the event.
Certain topics to be covered in the workshop include Solar Market Trends and Utility Engagement, Solar Codes and Standards and Customer Perspectives on Solar Incentive Programs.
Julia Hamm, Executive Director at SEPA said, “SEPA’s focus on educating utilities about the use and integration of solar electricity is more important than ever. As utilities explore options to incorporate solar into their portfolio, more forums are needed to facilitate information sharing with their peers. SEPA’s 2009 Workshop Series provides regionally focused events to help utilities better understand how to incorporate solar projects and programs into the utility business.”
More details are at this site: http://www.solarelectricpower.org/?page=miscinfo.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual