COVID-hit green energy sector may be helped via EIB loans and EU-wide tendering of 7.5GW in 2020 and again in 2021, in plans that herald a future intertwining with the clean hydrogen industry.
Poland, Spain and six other governments join industry calls for segment to become strategic axis of COVID-19 comeback, with new SolarPower Europe platform now launched to help the cause.
Calls build for green EU COVID-19 comeback as Spanish outlet EL PAÍS quotes unpublished European Commission plan, reportedly focusing on green energy and buildings as priority areas.
#EUGreenRecovery letter signed by SolarPower Europe and 31 other associations urges EU lawmakers to link economic relief plans with European Green Deal.
Move by EU leaders to push ‘green transition’ into heart of pandemic recovery plan comes as reports of supply chain impacts spread across the bloc's major PV markets.
EU executive finds no competition concerns around €4.1 billion deal that will see Mitsubishi take 80% stake in Eneco and subsidiary Chubu hold remaining 20%.
EU production line of 5 to 10GW a year is possible and would help deliver the required 117GW-to-630GW capacity push, experts say as separate study touts PV’s job benefits for coal regions.
Carbon neutrality, renewable target and PV rooftop pledges by new Conservative-Green alliance herald ‘solar decade’ of the 2020s, says EU PV body SolarPower Europe.
AfDB's Sahel programme will sponsor the development of four 52MWp plants to help the energy-impoverished West African nation boost capacity by 15%.
WoodMac: Coal’s bleak future and nuclear shutdowns mean milestone lies within reach Europe-wide even if UK could overshoot it while France, Spain, Italy, Germany miss it.
European Investment Bank mulls shifting lending to batteries and market-based clean energy projects as part of policy reboot to help EU lead fight against climate change.
PV Tech quizzes HIPERION’s promoters over potential strengths but also cost challenges of Insolight’s planar optical micro-tracking process, tested outdoors and supported with €10.6m EU grant.
Paper by Finland’s LUT and others latest to predict bright future for hybrids, amid claims that today’s grid parity in Spain and Italy will extend to Germany and Finland by 2025.
Industry claims it can help ensure energy transition is fair to all after EU study finds rolling out 580GW of solar could create synergies in de-industrialising regions.
The EU has committed to lending €145 million (US$163 million) and the ICO up to €140 million (US$156 million) to the largest solar project under construction in Europe.