Nanjing-based China Sunergy Co., Ltd. has brought four high-efficiency SE solar cell manufacturing lines into commercial production at a ceremony held to celebrate the commencement of China Sunergy’s 3rd stage production. The door of the 3rd stage production lines was opened to visitors on the day, with attendees including China Sunergy executives Tingxiu Lu, Chairman, Dr. Allen Wang, CEO, and Dr. Jianhua Zhao, CTO.
These additional four lines bring the company’s manufacturing line total to ten, five of which are for high-efficiency SE solar cells, four for HP solar cells, and one line that manufactures common P-type multicrystalline solar cells. The company now has an overall production capacity of close to 320MW.
The company also stated that it “has got enough cash for production and development in this year and next year” in its Q3 quarterly report. More than 50% of the company’s orders for 2009 have at this point been finalised, including the recent deal with Solarwatt AG that will see Sunergy deliver over 22MW of solar cells over the course of next year.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free