Fluor Corporation has entered into the renewables industry with its plan to establish a dedicated renewables business line within its Power Group. The new division will focus on all forms of renewable energy, complementing the company’s existing nuclear, gas fueled, solid fueled and air quality control businesses with lines for solar, wind and biomass.
Fronting the new business is Brad Friesen, a Fluor executive with 32 years’ experience. The new division will be run from the company’s Irvine, California and Asturias, Spain offices.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
“Fluor has designed and built renewable energy projects for more than 20 years and we will leverage that expertise for the benefit of our clients,” said Brad Friesen, Vice President of Fluor’s renewables business line. “Our experience in the field is diverse and includes solar generation work as well as several geothermal and biomass projects throughout the world. Fluor is perfectly positioned to address the needs of our clients on a global basis.”