Accompanying the news of its appointment of a new CFO, JA Solar has announced that it has agreed to supply 60MW of polycrystalline PV cells to Solar Power, Inc. (SPI) in 2009, with the supply taking effect immediately. The one-year supply agreement will comply with Solar Power’s monthly cell requirements and will see the cells used in the production of SPI’s solar modules for distribution in Europe, Asia, and for turnkey systems in the United States.
“We are happy to be providing Solar Power, Inc. with cells for their high-quality PV modules,” said Samuel Yang, CEO of JA Solar Holding Co., Ltd. “This agreement represents a strategic alliance between our company and one of the leading solar solution providers in the world today. Through SPI we will be able to expand sales of our cells and gain deeper penetration into the U.S. market.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual