has announced its completion of the installation of its CPV system at
the Institute of Concentration Photovoltaic Systems’ (ISFOC) 3MW
municipal power production facility. Of the three companies involved in
contracts with ISFOC in this phase of the project, SolFocus is the
first to complete installation and have its CPV panels tested for
quality of performance. The two SolFocus-installed power plants are
200kW at Puertollano and 300kW at Almoguera, Spain.
The ISFOC, a power-producing test facility for CPV technology, was established in 2006, with the first of its contracts awarded to SolFocus soon afterwards. SolFocus’ SF-1000P CPV panel has recently been approved for listing for commercial deployment in California by the California Energy Commission (CEC).
“SolFocus has done an excellent job of progressing its technology from R&D into commercially-ready product,” said Dr. Pedro Banda, Director General of ISFOC. “While we are just now beginning to evaluate performance results from the installed systems, initial results look excellent and validate our belief that the high-efficiency capability of CPV technology is going to provide high energy yields.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
By Síle Mc Mahon