Corporation has received a contract from Alpex Exports Pvt. Ltd for a
15MW semi-automated crystalline cell module manufacturing line, which
will be the international trading company’s first solar energy
Mr. R. P. S. Sarna, Vice President of Alpex Exports said, “An important reason we selected Spire was their turnkey approach to deliver a factory along with the requisite training and certification. The solar market is expected to more than triple in size by 2010. With our new module facility, we will be able to effectively compete in both the domestic and export markets.”
“One of the unique differentiators of Spire in the marketplace is our ability to deliver a complete solar factory, along with all of the training needed to succeed in the solar business, to companies with limited exposure to solar module manufacturing,” said Roger G. Little, Chairman and CEO of Spire Corporation. “This is a tremendous advantage to firms looking to broaden their business portfolio into the fast growing solar field while limiting their risks and minimizing their costs.”
Alpex intends to target both the standard module and Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) markets.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual