In a move that will signify the company’s initial foray into the European market, SunEdison has purchased Business Institute Solar Strategy GmbH (BISS). The company has brought with it 38MW of PV projects that are currently under development in Italy and Spain and opens the door to close to 300MW of development opportunities in Europe.
BISS has offices in Hamburg, Germany and Brescia, Italy, and brings the expertise of its Managing Director Gerwin Dreesmann, who has now been named as General Manager for Europe for SunEdison. Dr. Dreesmann, founder of BISS, is a renowned expert in his field of analysis and operation of PV energy systems, and in the past has served as managing director for SunTechnics and BP Solar.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
“The BISS acquisition, which provides SunEdison direct access to 300MW of project opportunities, accelerates our European expansion. Gerwin and the BISS team have an excellent reputation in Germany and unparalleled insight into the European market. They share our rigorous focus on quality assurance in system execution and delivery of solar services. I look forward to working closely with Gerwin as he oversees our operations in Europe,” commented Carlos Domenech, COO and CFO for SunEdison.