Thin-film module manufacturer Sunfilm AG can now boast of five module sizes that have gained IEC certification, with the news that its larger module sizes have now received IEC 61646/EN 61730 certification. The company had been granted certification for two of its smaller module sizes earlier this year.
Module sizes that are now fully certified to TÜV’s exacting mechanical, electrical and environmental test standards are Sunfilm’s Model F (2.6 x 2.2m), Model L (2.6 x 1.1m), Model W (1.3 x 2.2m) and the smaller Model SN2 (1.7 x 1.1m) and Model Q (1.3 x 1.1m).
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
“The IEC certification of our larger size modules is very significant, because it means our customers now have a selection of five certified module formats that allow them to choose a module size that best fits their application. Such size-optimization can result into considerable project cost savings”, stated Dr. Sicco Westra, Sunfilm’s Chief Business Development Officer.
Sunfilm currently has an approximate annual capacity of 85MWp at its two German production sites in Grossroehrsdorf and Bitterfeld/Wolfen. Including the additional 60MWp plant under construction at the Grossroehrsdorf plant, Sunfilm is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of tandem junction silicon-based thin-film modules.