LDK Solar has said that it started polysilicon production at its first 1,000MT plant on January 14th, 2009, 11 months after starting construction at its production complex in Xinyu City, China. A ceremony was held with the Governor of Jiangxi, Mr. Wu Xinxiong attending as well as the entire construction workforce.
“We are pleased to report that initial tests from the production run at our 1,000 MT plant indicate that the polysilicon produced is very high quality. The speed of execution that we demonstrated with our wafer plant has been replicated in the construction of our polysilicon plants, and reaching these milestones is truly a commendable achievement and a testament to LDK Solar’s drive and commitment to growth,” stated Xiaofeng Peng, Chairman and CEO of LDK Solar.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
LDK Solar had recently noted ramp-up delays at its 1,000MT plant, but expected full production by 2Q09.