The solar industry endured an eventful 2018 with the US establishing its trade tariffs on module imports and China hitting the brakes on deployment, yet, through sheer determination, everyone ended the year feeling fairly optimistic. There is lots of cause for hope in 2019. Module prices are down for the timebeing, seeding subsidy-free markets. We are on the cusp of technological gains that can tilt that balance even further in solar’s favour. Traction with energy storage is clearing up grid headaches and creating new sources of revenue. Our ultimate 2019 briefing addresses all this and more. Our regular Storage and Smart Power section, meanwhile, includes an in-depth look at California’s vibrant market as decrees turn into deployment.
Included Technical Papers
- Vietnam’s mysterious solar market builds momentum
- Falling costs help solar thrive in the desert
- The seller’s market
- Renewables 2.0: Opportunities in renewables in a post-subsidy world
- Quantifying the impact of R&D on PV project financing costs
- Crunching the numbers on floating solar
- Game changers: the rise and rise of 1,500V technology
- A case for accuracy: Pyranometer or satellite irradiance data?
- Hurdles to widespread bifacial PV adoption
- Analysis of bifacial PV systems in the Middle East
- Project briefing: Building Benban: Inside Egypt’s 1.6GW Solar Park
- Advances in self-cleaning PV module technologies – a review
- Evolution of pre-cracked PV modules
- Short-term solar forecasting for utility solar sites: core business or distraction?
- The smarts inside the storage
- Accelerating to 100%
- Is California dreaming? Energy storage’s role in reaching 100% renewables
- The 2019 briefing