Advanced Energy said that its suite of Solaron photovoltaic inverters has again achieved record-setting ratings in the California Energy Commission list of approved inverters. The company said that its inverters exceeded their own record of 97% CEC-weighted efficiency by posting a 97.5% CEC efficiency rating last month—an achievement claimed to be unmatched by any other line of grid-tie, commercial, and utility-scale inverters.
Solaron 333kW models, which were introduced to the market in 2007 with an original CEC-weighted efficiency of 97%, are now rated at 97.5%, with peak efficiencies of 98.2%. The newly introduced Solaron 500kW utility-scale inverter has been rated at 97.5% CEC-weighted efficiency, with a recorded peak efficiency of 98.5%, according to the company.
As the leading North American agency to review, compile, and approve inverters for commercial use, the CEC posts specifications for hundreds of inverters that have been approved by certified testing facilities. CEC data indicate that Solaron inverters ranked highest in both efficiency and power output as of March 31.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual