centrotherm photovoltaics AG has established a branch in Taiwan as part of its strategy to expand its presence in regions with high growth expectations in PV adoption and manufacturing. The company cited Taiwan’s planned statutory subsidy program for renewable energies as a key reason for establishing a permanent presence in the country.
“This step allows us to continue our strategy of expanding our market position, and we are also establishing ourselves as one of the leading international providers of technology and services for the production of solar cells and solar silicon,” explained Robert Hartung, CEO of centrotherm photovoltaics AG. “centrotherm photovoltaics is planning to create and expand further service and sales companies, particularly in Asia and the US.”
The branch in Taiwan is a subsidiary of the Asian company centrotherm photovoltaics Asia Pte. Ltd., headquartered in Singapore.
The company said that around 70 percent of its revenue is generated in the Asia region.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual