Evergreen Solar has entered into an agreement with RMT, Inc., a renewable energy projects firm, to boost sales of its String Ribbon modules into the utility-scale solar plant market, which is expected to grow rapidly under new renewable energy strategies, recently adopted as part of the U.S economic stimulus pacts. The new agreement will see RMT handle all engineering, procurement and construction functions while Evergreen Solar will provide the solar panels.
“Our relationship with RMT provides Evergreen Solar with increased access to the utility-scale solar power project market,” said Terry Bailey, Evergreen Solar’s senior vice president of sales and marketing. “Relationships with utilities and large project developers can dramatically improve solar market delivery and further assist in closing the gap between solar and conventional energy costs while expanding renewable energy choices available to utility customers.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The companies said that they have already submitted bids for more than 400MW of solar installations, which could be implemented over the next five years.