Rebecca Butcher

July 27, 2009
While the state of Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) is gearing up for what may be the world's largest highway-related solar power project, residents are criticising the measure as too expensive—in dollars and in history. Oregon transportation officials propose installing 14,000 to 17,000 solar panels on 15 acres to produce 3.2 million kW/hrs of power each year, or about one-sixth of ODOT's needs.
July 27, 2009
Siemens AG is currently working on an agreement to acquire 20% of Arava Power Company, one of the tope three solar integrators in Israel. Currently, Kibbutz Ketura owns 40% of the company and a group US investors led by Arava Power president Yosef Abramowitz own the other 60%.
July 22, 2009
Intersolar North America has continued to grow with this year’s San Francisco exhibition and conference. Between the Intersolar North America and SEMICON West events, there were 560 solar exhibitors and approximately 17,000 trade visitors—an 111% increase for Intersolar’s exhibitor count. Ninety countries were represented within the trade visitors and 23 within the exhibitors.
July 22, 2009
Moser Baer Photovoltaic (MBPV), a subsidiary of the optics and technology company Moser Baer India, has postponed its October plans to set up a manufacturing facility.
July 21, 2009
Suntech Power Holdings’ Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Zhengrong Shi, received the 2009 World Technology Award for Energy from the World Technology Network (WTN) on 16 July. WTN’s goal is to create an international think tank to examine the implications and applications of emerging energy technologies and has semi-annual awards for the leaders in fields ranging from the arts to space.
July 20, 2009
Solar Millennium AG sold 25% stakes from the Andasol 1 and 2 solar plants to ACS/Cobra Group, a Spanish company with a history of buying from Solar Millennium. The sale of the stakes improves Solar Millennium AG’s liquidity situation even further and added an earnings effect of €12 million.
July 15, 2009
The Portuguese company Martifer Solar and Spire Corporation, located in Bedford, Massachusetts, have announced their mutual satisfaction with the performance of the 50MW fully automated turnkey module manufacturing system developed for Martifer by Spire. The line uses robotic systems, subcontracted by KUKA Systems Germany, for material handling and processing.
July 15, 2009
Underwriters Laboratories (UL), an independent product safety certification organization, announced its certification of Solar Semiconductor for the SSI-3SG6-220 family of photovoltaic modules. With facilities located in Kompally and FabCity in Hyderabad, they are the first manufacturer in India to be certified for the wattage range of 198 to 242W.
July 15, 2009
DayStar Technologies, Inc., a developer of solar photovoltaic products based on CIGS thin-film deposition technology, is undergoing organizational changes and three new appointments. Ratson Morad resigned as President and Chief Operating Officer effective July 10, 2009.  "We are grateful for Mr. Morad's efforts since he joined DayStar in February 2008," stated Dr. Aldrich, DayStar’s CEO.
July 15, 2009
Premier Power Renewable Energy, Inc., solar power systems manufacturer for the U.S. and Europe, and Umpqua Bank have entered into a credit and finance agreement. Premier Power is now able to borrow a $7 million line of credit for general working capital needs, which may increase to up to $12 million depending upon Premier Power’s acquisitions.

Subscribe to Newsletter

Upcoming Events

Solar Media Events
October 6, 2021
Solar Media Events
October 19, 2021
BRISTOL, UK
Solar Media Events
December 1, 2021