Moser Baer Photovoltaic (MBPV), a subsidiary of the optics and technology company Moser Baer India, has postponed its October plans to set up a manufacturing facility. Originally, MBPV was to build an Rs 2,000 core facility to manufacture silicon PV film modules on a 120 acre site near Chennai. The company blames the process of choosing equipment partners and similar negotiations for the delay but provided no information on the financing of the project. “The going is tough for the solar sector because of over-supply, but the country is solar-friendly,” said a source.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual