Investment firm Carlyle has launched a new solar-focused renewable energy platform, Telis Energy, aimed at developing projects in key European markets.
The company will be headquartered in London and led by CEO Adrien Pinsard. Telis Energy will aim to have a project pipeline of over 10GW by 2030, focused on solar PV in the UK, France, Spain and Germany.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
Pinsard said: “We look forward to executing on a robust pipeline and identifying further opportunities as energy security needs accelerate the adoption of renewable energy.”
The firm said that it has deployed approximately US$1.2 billion in renewable asset investments since 2018.
Its chief investment officer, Pooja Goyal, said: “The launch of Telis demonstrates Carlyle’s confidence in Europe’s renewables sector and the significant role it will play in our broader infrastructure strategy.
“Leveraging Carlyle’s experience, we believe Telis is well positioned to capture emerging opportunities in solar, and other renewables segments, across European markets, benefitting from increased buyer demand for scalable and well-supported development platforms.”