polysilicon supply contract with Wacker Chemie AG has been signed that
secures 300MWp of crystalline solar cell capacity from 2010 onwards and
lasts for 9 years. The forward-looking move is due to ersol Solar’s
expecting persistent polysilicon supply constraints far beyond current
“ersol still believes that silicon will remain the
limiting factor in the PV industry in the near future. To secure growth
we decided to sign a further long-term contract with Wacker,” said Dr.
Claus Beneking (pictured), CEO of ersol Solar Energy AG. “The agreed
silicon prices enable us to offer our solar cells to ersol customers at
attractive rates under equally long-term contracts.”
companies have agreed a fixed price throughout the term of the future
contract, with ersol planning to make down payments to Wacker Chemie.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual