Open Energy Corporation has decided to change its name to Applied Solar, Inc. The company’s name and strategy change arose from its decision to shift the company focus from a manufacturing model to a licensing model to better market its BIPV products. The name is intended to reflect the company’s move toward a new business model, which will focus more on commercial and residential solar technologies, while the recent signing of a manufacturing, distribution and marketing agreement with a Suntech affiliate should cement the company’s decision to concentrate on research and development.
“We executed this name change to make it clear to our stockholders, business partners and customers that we are focused on and committed to offering a full suite of solar solutions in a business model that we believe best leverages our core competencies,” said David Field, President and CEO of Applied Solar. “Our decision to focus on innovative residential and commercial solar products reflects our ability to be at the forefront of industry trends and quickly capitalize on market opportunities.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual