Receiving recognition for his contributions to the development of SunPower’s high-efficiency, all-back contact solar cell, company CTO Richard Swanson (pictured) was honoured with an SEIA Industry Innovator Award at the PV America conference in Philadelphia. The SEIA Award aims to recognise entrepreneurs, scientists and advocates working towards improving the quality and efficiency of solar technology.
This is not the first of Dr. Swanson’s industry achievements – in 2006, he received the prestigious Becquerel Prize for Outstanding Merits in Photovoltaics, while 2002 saw him accept the William R. Cherry Award by the IEEE for outstanding contributions to the photovoltaic field.
“The rapidly growing solar power industry is emerging as an important contributor to our sustainable energy future,” said Swanson. “Homeowners, commercial businesses and utilities are coming to rely on solar to help meet their energy needs. We at SunPower are proud to be a part of this dynamic and important emerging industry.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual