Spire Corporation and Gloria Solar of Tainan, Taiwan announced today that they have reached an agreement to liquidate their Joint Venture, Gloria Spire Solar (GSS), which performed PV systems integration within the United States. After a pause in PV systems market, Spire, a manufacturer of turnkey solar factories and capital equipment, and Gloria Solar, a leader in PV module manufacturing, reassessed their product lines and methods and decided to dissolve GSS. The companies agreed to split up assets and project leads after all liabilities have been paid.
Spire will continue to support the U.S. customer base under the name Spire Solar Systems, located at Spire’s headquarters in Bedford, Massachusetts. Several key employees from Gloria Spire Solar will head up SSS and will operate under Stephen Hogan, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Spire Corporation and acting CEO of Spire Solar Systems.
“This new direction will free Spire to develop new opportunities emerging rapidly in the U.S. systems market, stimulated by the federal funding,” said Roger G. Little, Spire’s Chairman and CEO of Spire Corporation. “This approach supports our overall strategy of encouraging distributed local module manufacturing.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual