Ascent Solar Technologies has purchased a manufacturing facility in Thornton, Colorado that will house several 25MW thin-film flexible solar module lines. The first 25MW production line is planned for completion by year-end 2009 and will be ramped to 100MW by 2011, the company said.
Approximately 300 jobs will be created at the facility, which will also become Ascent Solar’s headquarters.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual