David Owen

January 30, 2009
SunPower Corporation (Nasdaq: SPWRA, SPWRB) released figures for Q4 2008 and provided cautious guidance for 2009. Revenue for the fourth quarter was $401 million, 56% of which was from the Components and the remaining 44% from the full System divisions.Key takeaways from the SunPower figures include: fourth quarter revenue of $401 million, up 79% year-on-year; strong liquidity with over $436 million in cash and investments; expectation of fiscal year 2009 revenue of $1.6 billion to $2.0 billion; two multi-year agreements with European integrators totalling 230MW; addition of more than 350 residential and small commercial dealers worldwide in 2008 ...
January 20, 2009
Thursday, January 15, saw the launch of the Australia Solar Institute. Australian scientists have often been at the forefront of renewable energy research, particularly solar. Unfortunately the domestic industry has been denied the opportunity to benefit from the world-class success of the research conducted in Australia, largely because of a lack of funding. Have things changed?
January 20, 2009
ReneSola, a Chinese wafer manufacturer, has signed a one-year wafer supply agreement with BP Solar. The terms of the contract will see ReneSola supply BP Solar with 120 MW of monocrystalline and multicrystalline solar wafers in 2009 and in return...
January 19, 2009
Suntech Power announced it has supplied 5MW of solar panels for a 10MW solar electricity system to power Masdar City. This follows the announcement last week that First Solar will provide the other 5MW.
January 19, 2009
Roth and Rau announced plans to intensify their existing business relationship with Manz Automation and to work together in future in the form of a cooperation in key areas. Little information was provided on the nature of this agreement beyond the...
January 7, 2009
The Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) has reaffirmed its commitment to energy efficiency and renewable energy through the adoption of its 2009 operating budget. The budget provides incentives of up to US$14.4 million through ...
December 22, 2008
Looking back over the year these are the stories that have made the headlines and been viewed the most by the audience at PV-Tech in the Fab and Facilities section. Take a look at the biggest stories involving Q-Cells, SunPower, Masdar, Applied Materials, Arise and Signet Solar.
December 1, 2008
Meyer Burger Ltd. has announced a tool win from Wacker Schott Solar GmbH. The order will include wire and cropping saws with the first shipments being deliverd some time in Q1 2009. The full contract, which extends over at least three years, will be delivered in stages on the basis of a call off clause.
December 1, 2008
On the 26th of November three pieces of legislation received Royal assent and were passed into law. Key for the Solar industry is the Energy Bill which has now been amended to include feed in tariffs for renewable power generation. Other laws passed include the Climate Change bill, which sets up the UK for an aggressive 80% reduction in green house gas emmisions by 2050. The Planning Bill will simplify planning permission for energy infrastructure projects.Photovoltaics International reported in depth on this bill during October. Read our report here.
October 22, 2008
UPDATED 22-10-08 Today the UK parliament has published amendments to the Energy Bill, which provide more information on the potential feed-in tariff for renewable energies. Ed Miliband, Secretary of State for the Department of Energy and Climate Change in the UK, said last week in a presentation to the House of Lords that he intends to amend the current energy bill that goes before the Houses of Parliament this week. These amendments are now available ...

Subscribe to Newsletter

Upcoming Events

Solar Media Events
October 4, 2022
New York, USA
Solar Media Events
October 11, 2022
Virtual event