Yingli Group Co. Ltd. has announced its intention to enter the realm of
polysilicon manufacturing. Yingli Group expects to establish a green
field project, primarily using Siemens methodology, to manufacture
3,000 metric tons of polysilicon annually in Baoding, China.
The vertically integrated PV module manufacturer expects the venture to be funded by Yingli Group itself in conjunction with several minority equity holders. While the plan is being undertaken primarily to benefit Yingli Green Energy’s polysilicon requirements, the Yingli Group affiliate is not expected to contribute financially to the project.
“This project has been named one of the significant industry strategic projects supported by Hebei Province,” said Mr. Liansheng Miao, Chairman of Yingli Group.
“With the core technical force and engineers coming from Europe and the United States with extensive industry experience, I am optimistic about the success of this project.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
By Síle Mc Mahon