centrotherm photovoltaics AG has been awarded a follow-on contract with a customer, located in Asia to undertake the complete turnkey contract for the second stage of a polysilicon plant expansion plan. The initial project for 1,000MT facility had been handled by a consortium of suppliers and contractors. However the stage two, 4,000MT expansion projected will be controlled by centrotherm photovoltaics, exclusively, the company said.
“This follow-up order in the solar silicon area confirms our strategy of growing along the solar value-creation chain, and provides further proof that we not only command extensive expertise, but that we are also highly capable and strong in implementation,” commented Robert Hartung, Chief Executive Officer of centrotherm photovoltaics AG
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The company also noted that customer in the U.S. had also started production on a cell production line in October.