EV charging company signs PPAs for 100GWh of Netherlands solar and wind

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Reddit
Email
A solar plant in the Netherlands, where the contracted capacity will be located. Image: Statkraft.

European electric vehicle infrastructure company Allego has signed two ten-year power purchase agreements (PPA) for a total of 100GWh of annual power output. The deals are linked with a solar PV and a wind generation project.

The projects in question are located in the Benelux region, between Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands, and will be developed in partnership with Benelux-based renewables developer Energy Solutions Group. The projects are both to be located in the Netherlands; the solar PV park in Maarheeze and the wind project in Strijensas.

This article requires Premium SubscriptionBasic (FREE) Subscription

Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis

Photovoltaics International is now included.

  • Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
  • In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
  • Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
  • Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
  • Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
  • Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual

Or continue reading this article for free

The solar portion of the deal is expected to be operational in January 2024, whilst the wind project will be complete in January 2025. PV Tech contacted Allego for confirmation of the nameplate capacities of the projects. According to Energy Solutions Group’s website, the company currently has 365MWp of solar PV capacity in development in the Netherlands.  

Allego said that the PPAs were expected to “enable Allego to stabilise its input cost base and minimise the impact of commodity price volatility on its operational and margin profile while sourcing renewable solar and wind energy.”

Mathieu Bonnet, CEO at Allego said: “PPAs have proven to be an effective and competitive tool to achieve two key objectives for Allego: providing 100% renewable energy to our network and minimising input cost volatility. We secured these PPA contracts at favorable fixed prices, which in turn increases the overall attractiveness and margin of our energy procurement strategy.

“By sourcing local, green energy to our network, we expect to be able to maximise the industry-wide shift to electric mobility. These PPAs we have signed with Energy Solutions Group are tangible progress in our journey for a more sustainable future for all.”

The company has now signed PPAs for six renewables generation plants, aiming to fulfil 80% of its electricity needs with PPAs and the remaining 20% with local green certificates.

26 November 2024
Málaga, Spain
Understanding PV module supply to the European market in 2025. PV ModuleTech Europe 2024 is a two-day conference that tackles these challenges directly, with an agenda that addresses all aspects of module supplier selection; product availability, technology offerings, traceability of supply-chain, factory auditing, module testing and reliability, and company bankability.
17 June 2025
Napa, USA
PV Tech has been running PV ModuleTech Conferences since 2017. PV ModuleTech USA, on 17-18 June 2025, will be our fourth PV ModulelTech conference dedicated to the U.S. utility scale solar sector. The event will gather the key stakeholders from solar developers, solar asset owners and investors, PV manufacturing, policy-making and and all interested downstream channels and third-party entities. The goal is simple: to map out the PV module supply channels to the U.S. out to 2026 and beyond.

Read Next

Premium
June 13, 2024
Kiwa Group on why the integration of three PV inspection and QA businesses signposts the way forward for solar reliability testing.
June 13, 2024
IFM Investors and QIC have signed Australia's largest multi-state PPA worth AU$700 million for 500GWh of renewable energy per annum.
June 12, 2024
US renewables developer Origis Energy has commissioned the 200MW Escalante solar project in New Mexico alongside non-for-profit electricity utility Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association.
June 12, 2024
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) research shows that the use of solar panels on US homes can cut energy burden to as low as 1.3%.
June 12, 2024
The Casey Fork solar project in Jefferson County, Illinois, will bring RWE’s total renewables capacity in Illinois to 750MW

Subscribe to Newsletter

Upcoming Events

Solar Media Events
July 2, 2024
Athens, Greece
Solar Media Events
July 9, 2024
Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Singapore
Solar Media Events
September 24, 2024
Warsaw, Poland
Solar Media Events
September 24, 2024
Singapore, Asia