Fraunhofer ISE has announced that Gerhard Stryi-Hipp will take over as Head of Energy Policy and Group Leader of Thermal Collectors and Applications, beginning in July, addressing the company’s need for help in these areas.
Stryi-Hipp had previously been Chairman of the German Solar Industry Association BSW-Solar for 15 years, aiding company development in solar thermal energy and photovoltaics, in addition to being Chairman of the Heating & Cooling European Technology Platform RHC-ETP. He has also been a Board Member at the European Solar Thermal Industry Association ESTIF.
Stryi-Hipp takes over from Matthias Rommel, who is leaving the company to be Professor and Director of the Institute for Solar Technologies SPF of the University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil.
“I look forward to being able to contribute to this effort through scientifically-based national and international policy advising at the world-renowned Fraunhofer ISE,” said Stryi-Hipp.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual