It has been reported that Sembawang Engineers & Constructors is going to venture into its first renewable energy project. According to Reuters, the company, a subsidiary of India-listed Punj Lloyd Group, will build an S$250 million plant in Brunei for thin-film solar modules.
“We have identified a cluster of 'green' businesses with good growth potential,” said Richard Grosvenor, President and CEO of Sembawang Engineers and Constructors.
Sembawang is reportedly one of the largest engineering and construction companies in Southeast Asia. It is currently involved in the Marina Bay Sands and Resorts World integrated resorts project in Singapore.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual