Masdar City, Abu Dhabi is aiming to be the world’s first zero carbon, zero waste, car-free city powered entirely by renewable energy sources. This ambitious goal is being driven by the Masdar Initiative, a strategic endeavour by Abu Dhabi to spread the dogma of sustainability and clean energy throughout the city’s dwellers, industries and utilities.
Phase One of Masdar City includes the construction of The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, currently underway, which will lead to the growth of a student base of close to 100 in the area by late 2009.
Masdar City’s ambition in this initiative is to take the stage to show other developing cities how they should be built, incorporating renewable energy and sustainability as part of their essential make-up. The City itself is a free zone cleantech cluster, and has shown to be quite an attraction for companies looking to establish themselves and associate themselves with the enterprising city.
The Initiative is currently searching for new industry partners in the fields of energy and utilities; for further information click here.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual