Indian PV module manufacturer Vikram Solar has been given tier one status.
The status means three non-development banks have funded projects using Vikram modules in the past two years, according to the criteria set out by Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF).
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
“Despite the global consolidation of the solar market, there are still many module manufacturers,” said Gyanesh Chaudhary, managing director, Vikram Solar.
“For customers, it is very difficult to identify from this mass of providers a reliable and trustworthy brand. The classification by Bloomberg, for developers and EPCs, is a very transparent and efficient way to form an opinion on the quality of module manufacturers,” he added.
BNEF said rising module prices and ongoing trade disputes with China were opening up new opportunities for other manufacturers.