Suntech Power Holdings said that there has been an accident at its module production facilities in Wuxi, China. Seven Suntech employees were injured on Nov. 28 as a result of a malfunctioning piece of module lamination equipment at the company’s PV module plant. The injured employees are receiving further medical treatment and are recovering in hospital, the company added.
The company said its safety management department swiftly implemented the appropriate measures to ensure the safety of other staff and the facility. Suntech has provided information to the manufacturer of the malfunctioning equipment and recommended that it inspect all similar lamination machines.
Suntech said that it places the highest priority on protecting the well-being of its employees, noting that it maintains the highest international production and safety standards and is certified with the ISO 9000 quality management standard and the ISO 14000 environmental management standard.
Regular PV cell and module production and shipments were not impacted by the accident, according to the company.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual