AXT, Inc., a company that manufacturers compound semiconductor substrates, publicized its charter membership in the CPV Consortium, a global industry organization that aids the growth and long-term success of the concentrator photovoltaics (CPV) industry with the aim to provide a low-cost, dependable source of energy. APX joins 3M, Concentrix, Emcore, ISFOC, Isofoton, Solfocus and Veeco as members.
“We are very pleased to join the CPV Consortium as a charter member alongside a distinguished list of companies that we know and respect,” said Phil Yin, Chairman and CEO. “Given the importance of alternative energy development and the ongoing technical success in advancing the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of CPV cells, we strongly believe in the Consortium’s mission to provide a solid foundation and infrastructure that supports every aspect of bringing this promising technology to mainstream applications. We are proud to be the first charter germanium substrate member to join the Consortium and we look forward to actively contributing to its success.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual