EMCORE Corporation has deployed its first concentrator photovoltaic (CPV) system in China in collaboration with XinaAo, one of the country’s largest energy companies. Owing to the two companies’ earlier agreement, the 50kW test and evaluation system is fully installed, operational and producing power in accordance with specifications.
Dr. John Iannelli, Corporate Chief Technology Officer and General Manager of EMCORE’s Solar Power Division stated, “We are pleased to introduce the first CPV terrestrial power system in China in partnership with the XinAo Group and look forward to pursuing other solar power opportunities in China’s emerging renewable energy market.”
The newly operational system comes after EMCORE was given access permits in October for its 850kW solar park installation in the Extremedora region of Spain. The company is anticipating more pilot sites to be set up by the end of 2008. EMCORE and XinAo are engaged in ongoing discussions for the potential construction of a joint-owned plant in China that will manufacture CPV systems designed and certified by EMCORE.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual