IMS Research has released a report, which speculates that the global PV inverter market will double in size for 2008. Considering that the PV inverter market is still quite young and heavily depends on each country’s legislation, for the first time the market is expected to exceed $2 billion. Recent analysis shows the PV inverter market grew by 110% in the first nine months of 2008 with Europe accounting for 80% of worldwide revenue. Spain, Italy and Germany all saw excellent performances and high demand this year in the market.
Research Director Ash Sharma commented, “In the first half of the year Spain saw an incredible surge in demand in anticipation of a major feed-in tariff cut and new annual cap for 2009; however, this market has now almost stalled entirely.” Sharma added, “Italy now presents an excellent opportunity for PV growth and has recorded massive growth in the first three quarters, compensating for Spain’s demise.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual