to significantly expand polysilicon production, Hemlock Semiconductor,
the largest maker of high-grade polysilicon, is in the process of
searching for a new site for further expansion, according to the Financial Times.
The story notes that Hemlock has completely sold all
available production through 2012 even though production is expected to
rise from 10,000 tons in 2008 to 36,000 tons in 2012.
Hemlock is also looking outside the United States for a possible
location, and a decision can be expected in the next several months.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual