According to Japanese news reports, negotiations are under way between Hitachi and Showa Shell Sekiyu to enter the photovoltaics market. The partnership would see Hitachi sell an LCD plant to Showa, which would then be converted to PV module production. It was not clear whether the solar plant would produce conventional crystalline or thin-film modules. Apparently an agreement is expected to be announced soon, according to the reports.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual