Hoku Scientific, Inc. has signed a non-binding term sheet with Merrill
Lynch for Hoku Materials, Inc., capital requirements for its
under-construction polysilicon production plant in Pocatello, Idaho.
The loan of $185 million is conditional on Hoku Scientific raising a
further $35 million in cash for use in the construction of the planned
polysilicon plant. The non-binding term sheet will expire on May 31,
Hoku began construction in May 2007 of its Phase I, 2,500 metric tons
per year, facility, and estimates that total construction costs for
Phase I will be approximately $290 million.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual