centrotherm photovoltaics AG, supplier of turnkey production lines and key equipment such as PECVD systems and diffusion furnaces, is to proceed with an initial public offering with a listing on the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, the company said. A date has not been set for the IPO.
“We plan to finance centrotherm photovoltaics’ further growth from IPO proceeds; in particular we intend to expand our research and development activities, ensure access to complementary technologies, and develop and expand our service and sales organisation in Asia and the U.S.,” explains Board of Directors spokesman Robert M. Hartung. He continues, “The focus of our business strategy is to reduce production costs in the photovoltaic industry, measured in EUR/Wp. We see centrotherm photovoltaics as a driving force and “enabler” for the entire sector. Our goal is to achieve a sustainable improvement in the competitive position of photovoltaic systems compared with fossil energy sources, but also with other renewable energy sources.”
The company declared that revenues in 2006 were €108.5 million, and that the company currently has more than 100 employees. Customers include Q-Cells, ErSol and Sunways, as well as market newcomers in Europe, Asia and the U.S., the company said.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free