Isofotón North American, a subsidiary of Isofotón, has signed an agreement of cooperation with the State of Ohio for the establishment of a new Isofotón production centre. The proposed module manufacturing facility will assemble cells manufactured in the Production Center in Malaga, with construction on the 60MW plant planned for between 2010 and 2011.
The agreement is viewed by the company as the first step in a process of breaking into the U.S. market and a chance to identify strategic utility partners in the country. Isofotón North America has kept up a presence for the Spanish company since 2004, and the modules produced at the proposed Ohio plant will be destined for sale on the U.S. market.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual