LDK Solar continues to expand its systems and project business with the announcement of an agreement with Suqian City of Jiangsu Province to develop up to 300MW of various solar PV power projects by 2015. The terms of the deal include financing, design, and specific location of each project and require a feasibility study as well as final approval from the relevant governmental agencies before beginning a project, the company said.
“Suqian City has unique advantages in developing PV projects, with average annual sunshine of up to 3000 hours as well as strong support from the government for growing the solar energy industry,” said Xu Huiming, vice mayor of Suqian City. “Suqian City has become a leading area for the development of the solar PV industry, and we hope that our partnership with LDK Solar will further increase our solar resources and promote the expansion of the local solar industry.”
“We are very excited to partner with Suqian City and to support the development of its local economy and Chinese solar industry,” added Xiaofeng Peng, chairman/CEO of LDK Solar. “We are encouraged by the continued support from our government for PV projects and pleased with the enthusiasm for this partnership demonstrated by Suqian City.”
Last week, LDK Solar announced a five-year, 500MW project development agreement with another Jiangsu municipality, Yancheng City.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual