Indian based module manufacturer, XL Telecom & Energy Limited has secured a 300MW multicrystalline silicon solar wafer supply deal with LDK Solar. The supply deal is for 5- years, commencing in the first quarter of 2009 and extending through 2013.
“With this most recent supply contract we are looking forward to building a relationship with XL Telecom & Energy Limited as well as expanding our presence in India,” commented, Mr. Xiaofeng Peng, Chairman and CEO of LDK Solar.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
“As we work to achieve our capacity expansion and growth goals to meet the increasing demands of the global photovoltaic market in the coming years, we are very pleased to have LDK Solar as a long-term partner and look forward to their supply, in order to secure an important part of our wafer needs,” noted Dinesh Kumar, Managing Director and CEO of XL Telecom & Energy Limited.
XL Telecom had ramped module production to 60MW per annum in 2006 from 24MW in 2005.