Leading solar module and wafer provider LONGi has increased its wafer prices by around 12%, reflecting increased material and components prices being felt across the industry.
In a pricing trend update published late last week, LONGi increased the prices for its p-type monocrystalline M10, M6 and 158.75mm wafers by an average of 12% compared to its last pricing update, published on 23 April 2021.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The full list of prices is as follows:
|Wafer size||14 May 2021 price (USD)||23 April 2021 price (USD)||% Increase|
The increase follows another hike in spot prices for monocrystalline grade polysilicon recorded by China’s solar sector last week. PV InfoLink stated last Wednesday (12 May 2021) that spot prices had risen to an average of RMB164/kg (US$25.4/kg), however high prices of RMB180/kg (US$27.95/kg) had been recorded.