MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. has moved to expand it Board of Directors to 10 members with the news that it has added Emmanuel (Manny) T. Hernandez to its Board. Mr. Hernandez retired from his role as CFO at SunPower last November, where he had served for over three years.
Prior to joining SunPower, he worked for 11 years at Cypress Semiconductor as CFO and executive vice president of finance and administration. He also worked in various financial positions with National Semiconductor Corporation from 1976 to 1993, and currently sits on the board of directors of Aruba Networks and ON Semiconductor Corporation.
Ahmad Chatila, MEMC’s Chief Executive Officer commented, “Not only does Manny bring us outstanding leadership in the semiconductor industry, he will make significant contributions to our solar strategy. His unique combination of knowledge and experience makes him a great addition to our Board. We look forward to his guidance in reaching our growth objectives, crafting future strategies and best serving the needs of our customers.”
A graduate of the University of Nueva Caceres in the Philippines, Mr. Hernandez has a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, a Master’s degree in finance from Golden Gate University in San Francisco, and he received his CPA license from the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual