In an effort to provide greater transparency to the photovoltaics
manufacturing industry, PHOTON Consulting has launched a paid
subscription-based service, tracking high-purity silicon prices, both
spot and contract, dubbed the PHOTON Consulting Silicon Price Index
“Rising prices, increasing price spreads and quality variation, rapid volume growth and new sales dynamics have created significant uncertainty for companies selling silicon, users purchasing silicon and investors in silicon production,” noted PHOTON Consulting Head of Silicon Research, Hilary Flynn. “We wanted to create a mechanism – a trust worthy reference service – to address this market need. The PCSPI represents a critical first step to real-time spot and contract pricing in the future and we are thrilled to be an agent for change by helping to increase pricing visibility in the silicon producer/consumer/investor universe.”
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual
Or continue reading this article for free
The market index is U.S. Dollar denominated and is non-tradable. The monthly report can be subscribed to at www.siliconpriceindex.com.