Scatec Solar partners Rengy on 47MW of solar in Ukraine

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on reddit
Reddit
Share on email
Email
Last month, Scatec Solar signed agreements to build two solar PV projects with capacities of 33MW and 50MW in the Cherkassy region of Ukraine. Credit: Scatec

Oslo-headquartered clean energy firm Scatec Solar has entered into agreements with Ukrainian developer Rengy Development to deliver 47MW of solar projects in the Mykolaiv region in the south of Ukraine.

Scatec Solar, which will provide EPC and O&M services, will own 51% of the projects and Rengy Development will own the remaining 49%.

The projects will be realized under the country's feed-in tariff (FiT) scheme and the three plants are expected to produce about 58GWh of power per year. Public land will be leased for an extended time-period and the plants are expected to deliver power also beyond the 10-year FiT period.

Rengy Development has already built and commissioned a 70MW portfolio of solar projects in Ukraine.

Total capex for the projects is estimated to be €52 million (US$60.5 million). The project finance process has been initiated with the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in lead. Financial close and construction start is expected later in 2018 with commercial operation due during 2019.

“We are very happy to partner with a strong local player as Rengy Development to further strengthen our position in Ukraine. Rengy Development brings a solid track record in solar in Ukraine to the project ensuring efficient realization. We see a continued strong commitment by the Ukrainian government to secure growth of clean energy in the country,” said Scatec CEO Raymond Carlsen.

With this agreement, Scatec Solar has so far secured 130 MW of projects under the FiT scheme in Ukraine.

Last month, Scatec Solar signed agreements to build two solar PV projects with capacities of 33MW and 50MW in the Cherkassy region of Ukraine.

Read Next

June 23, 2021
Major system-wide benefits are obtainable for European power producers that quickly replace coal with renewable energy, from avoiding fuel and carbon costs to new power export opportunities.
June 3, 2021
Oslo headquartered renewable power producer Scatec has announced a new partnership with ACME to develop a 900MW solar power plant in the state of Rajasthan, India.
June 2, 2021
Scatec will develop three projects in South Africa totalling 540MW of solar and 225MW / 1,140MWh of battery storage after being awarded preferred bidder status through a government tender.
May 3, 2021
Scatec’s posted an improved first-quarter financial performance after closing its acquisition of hydropower developer SN Power in January and completing solar projects in South Africa and Ukraine.
April 1, 2021
Norwegian independent power producer Scatec is looking to collaborate with project developers in India as part of efforts to gain a foothold in the country’s burgeoning solar sector.
March 31, 2021
DNV has released the world’s first recommended practice (RP) for floating solar projects to help reduce risks for developers and increase investor confidence in the segment.

Subscribe to Newsletter

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Webinars
August 19, 2021
At 9am (PT) | 6pm (CEST)
Solar Media Events
August 25, 2021
Solar Media Events
October 6, 2021
Solar Media Events
October 19, 2021
BRISTOL, UK