a new report on the solar inverter market from IMS Research, revenues
are projected to double in less than four years as a consequence of the
continued fast-paced expansion of the photovoltaics industry.
The market is led by SMA Solar Technology, according to IMS Research, controlling 33 percent of the global solar inverter market in 2007. The company is more than three times the size of its nearest competitor.
“This leading position may seem particularly attractive to potential investors, given SMA’s position today in a number of regional markets, coupled with the tremendous market growth projected for the future,” commented Ash Sharma, Research Director and report analyst at IMS Research.
The next five largest inverter suppliers were Fronius, Ingeteam, Kaco, Sputnik and Xantrex, holding a combined revenue share of 35 percent in 2007, the market research firm said.
Unlock unlimited access for 12 whole months of distinctive global analysis
Photovoltaics International is now included.
- Regular insight and analysis of the industry’s biggest developments
- In-depth interviews with the industry’s leading figures
- Unlimited digital access to the PV Tech Power journal catalogue
- Unlimited digital access to the Photovoltaics International journal catalogue
- Access to more than 1,000 technical papers
- Discounts on Solar Media’s portfolio of events, in-person and virtual